Senior Pastor Search
June 30, 2021: Rosemont Baptist Church is currently reviewing current candidates for the Senior Pastor position at Rosemont Baptist Church.
Ministry Purpose: To proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care, provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life and function, supervise paid church staff and conduct the ordinances and functions of worship.
Serving Relationships: The Pastor serves under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the Church Body. He directly receives counsel from the Deacons who serve the congregation. The Pastor serves as the leader of the Church Council.
- Plan and conduct worship services, developing sermons, planning with music leadership and leads in the observance of ordinances.
- Leads the congregation and demonstrates effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Visits and ministers to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals.
- Conducts counseling sessions, performs wedding ceremonies and conducts funeral services.
- Works with Church Officers, Deacons and other key leadership to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
- Acts as the moderator in business conferences.
- Serves as Overseer/Administrator of paid church staff supervising and evaluating the tasks assigned to each.
- Serves to recommend and advise committees and teams as an ex-officio member.
- Oversees mission trips abroad and also to the local community to ensure the goals of the church are being met by the mission.
- Oversees, along with Deacons, all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues in the church.
- Communicates with the congregation through articles or announcements, written and spoken using church newsletter, bulletins and worship services.
- Supports the Budget of the church.
- Adheres to the Church Bylaws and Policies and Procedures adopted by the church.
- Cooperates with associational, state and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern.
- Maintains proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a senior pastor
- Served a congregation of 150 or more, preferred
- Graduate of an accredited Seminary and ordained by a Southern Baptist Church